Welcome to Worship
Gather in a common area in your home.
In your midst, place a lit candle to remind you of God’s presence with you.
A Prelude as you prepare for worship:
Call to Worship:
Christmas Carol: Angels From the Realms of Glory
Luke 2:22-35 (NIV)
22 When the time came for the purification rites required by the Law of Moses, Joseph and Mary took him to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord 23 (as it is written in the Law of the Lord, “Every firstborn male is to be consecrated to the Lord”),24 and to offer a sacrifice in keeping with what is said in the Law of the Lord: “a pair of doves or two young pigeons.”
25 Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was on him. 26 It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Messiah. 27 Moved by the Spirit, he went into the temple courts. When the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for him what the custom of the Law required, 28 Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying:
29 “Sovereign Lord, as you have promised,
you may now dismiss your servant in peace.
30 For my eyes have seen your salvation,
31 which you have prepared in the sight of all nations:
32 a light for revelation to the Gentiles,
and the glory of your people Israel.”
33 The child’s father and mother marveled at what was said about him. 34 Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother: “This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, 35 so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.”
Praise & Prayers of the People:
- For Dixie’s friends – the Dueck family – pray for strength and peace and a healing miracle for Ashleigh.
- Vandersluys family – pray for their transition and good timing to move to Manitoba.
- Pray for Masckwacis, as they deal with increasing Covid-19 cases and the mental health issues that accompany that.
- Myrick’s nephew, Dale – passed away in an accident. Pray for his wife and family.
- Dave & Carol
- For Malmo’s land transfer to go through.
- Pray for our Seniors and shut-ins; for those who can’t leave their homes.
- For Malmo’s Pastor & Leaders
- For the Staff and the ongoing work of the Canada Covenant Conference
- Any other items you may have…
Message: Superintendent Glenn Peterson
If you’d like to consider a year end donation to support the ongoing and good work of the Canada Covenant, please CLICK HERE to see the Donor Report or to make an online donation.
Giving our Offerings:
An Act of Worship
If you would like to make a donation to Malmo, Click on this link which will lead you to instructions on how you may do that.
CLICK HERE to see this week’s Announcement & News sheet.
Song: Go Tell it on the Mountain
May the God who gave us this year
and the Saviour who walked at our side each day
and the Spirit who filled us with life abundant,
grace the coming year with peace and hope and joy,